Hey guys,
On Friday's meeting we expanded the activities of the club! Intense.. I know.
Well first is the club rocket. The parts just come in today so we can start construction, but we'll still need some balsa wood and C engines which we can find locally. But most importantly, we'll need a date that we can all meet together at my house. So, please notify me which weekends you are available so I can plan another workshop =D
After the workshop, we can fool around and make some... BOWS AND ARROWS!!! For this though, we'll need to find some good, flexible sticks somewhere in Almaden, probably around the Guadalupe River trail.
If you're not into that though, we can try our woodshop skills and go with trebuchets/catapults or Eric's idea of a paper airplane launcher (kind of like a slingshot). For the trebuchets/catapults, we'll remove the restrictions that science classes have put on to make things a lil interesting.
Also, at yesterday's meeting, we were thinking of making some rocket-powered cars. We'd do this by attaching some A motors (which I have tons of) and attaching them to small model cars. We'll run the cars on like Hot-Wheels ramps and see what happens!
Despite all this tom-foolery, we should still be safe and plan this out thoroughly. I don't want any of you guys losing an eye or a finger or worse. So before we begin experimenting or building, we'll have to take account of safety measures.
Please offer your opinions on what activities you want to do and what times are most convenient for you! Then I can start organizing workshops/activity days.
From,
Norris Tie
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment